Member:Since May of 1988. Member #039539
- Welshman, 9th Century (Primary, though Maredudd has been seen in many different periods.)
- Bedouin, 12th Century - Masud alShair (Masud the Poet)
- Sweed, 10th Cebtury - Eirik the Sweed
- Arms: Per pale and per chevron sable and argent all semy of ferrets statant counterchanged, a single-horned anvil counterchanged argent and sable.
- Personal Badge: Per pale sable and argent, in pale a ferret statant and a single-horned anvil counterchanged.
- Household Name: Ty Bon Du
- Household Badge: Argent, on a tree stump eradicated sable a double-horned anvil argent, in chief three mullets of four points gules
- Personal Heraldic Title: Ferret Herald-at-Arms Extraordinaire
- Heraldry (ie. Court, Field, Book, etc.)
- Ceremony and Precedence (ie. The Medieval Image)
- The Current Middle Ages (ie. How can todays reality enhance the SCA experience.)
- Basic Calligraphy
- Anything Welsh (i.e. History, Literature, Poetry, Culture, trivis, etc.)
- Poetry of all nations and times. (i.e. Welsh, English, Scandinavian, Italian, French, Middle Eastern, etc.)
- Medieval Literature of Dark Ages Wales and Later Middle Ages Europe.
- Brewing, Meads, Ales, and Liqoures.
- The Brotherhood of Saint Dunstable (Brewers Guild)
- Arabic Culture and History.
- Middle Eastern Rythms and the Doumbek. (Ensemble as well as Solo.)
- Scandinavian Culture and History
- Brass work
- Award of Arms 1/14/89
- Crown's Order of Gratitude 8/31/91
- Grant of Arms 3/6/93
- Order of the Bard's Laureate (P) 11/11/95
- Order of the Argent Palm 5/5/96
- Crown's Order of Gratitude 7/5/97
- Court Barony 4/1/00
- Order of the Argent Estoil 5/27/00
- Order of the Pelican, 5/27/00
- Order of the Herald's Tressure Trimaris, 11/11/00
- Augmentation of Arms, 11/13/2004
- Order of the Trikele Trimaris, 5/13/2006
Squire to Earl Brendan MacAngus, KSCA.
Wars Attended (and fought in)
- Fool's War
- The First Trimarian War Games
- Pennsic War XVIII
Unfortunately, shortly after Pannsic XVIII, I suffered from a couple of injuries which set me off my fighting for a while, and therefore I was not able to focus on my fighting as my Knight would have had me. Then, before I managed to recover from these injuries, I was swept away by a storm of volunteerism which lead me down the much maligned path of the Herald, a job which managed to continue to distract my focus away from fighting, much to my Knight dismay, for a number of years. It amazes me to this day that despite this, my Knight has never asked for his belt back.
Thus I say that I will return my Knight's respect and patience by once again returning to the field of combat. Keep your eyes upon the field, for there will indeed come a day when you will see me once more take the field of honor and show that my Knight's faith was well placed.
Service Accomplishments:Protegé to Duke Llywelyn ap Cadwaladr, KSCA, OP
- Site Herald and Constable for Starhaven Events 88-92. (Note: Averaged 3 per year for Four years, including Site Herald and Lyst Herald for Martinmas AS XXIV)
- Autocrat for Pinewood Elementry School Medieval Faire(Demo), (Medieval Faire hosted by PTO and attended by over 400 children with their parents and 35 SCA members)
- Autocrat for Merrit Square South Theater Demo. (Opening night of First Knight. Forty SCA members.)
- Autocrated Six out of Eleven We Didnt Want To Go To Pennsic Anyway Revels (Note: The Eleventh Annual Revel was a full day-trip event. Three of these Revels, including the eleventh, I was the Co-Autocrat. The highest attendance to date was the IDWTGTPAR IX, with 83 people in attendance.)
- Trimaris Memorial Tourney, AS XXXIIII, Site Herald
- Shire Herald, 88-90 (Completed 2 year term.)
- Shire Constable, 90-92 (Completed 2 year term.)
- Crowns Herald for TRM Brendan and Aine, 3/91 to 9/91
- Shire Hospitaler, 92-94 (Completed 2 year term.)
- Crowns Herald for TRM Benen and Rosabel, 3/93 to 9/93
- Shire Herald, 95-96 (Completed task of finding and training a deputy.)
- Kingdom Lyst Herald, 5/95 to 5/97 (Completed 2 year term.)
- Shire Herald, 97 (Completed task of finding and training a deputy.)
- Crowns Herald for TRM Gregory and Maise, 3/97-9/97
- Crowns Herald to TRM Bo and Alienor, 9/97 to 3/98
- Kingdom Lyst Master, 11/97 to present.
- Crowns Herald to TRM Wulfhere and Honoree, 3/98 to 9/98
- Crowns Herald for TRM Alain and Judith, 9/98 to present.
- Vexillum Navalis, 5/98 to 5/99.
- Triskele Principal Herald, 5/99 to 9/3/01
- Shire Herald, 01-02
- Shire Seneschal, 10/02-10/05
- Taught Newcomers Classes (On Demand)
- Maintained the Starhaven Membership Roster and Phone Book, 92-97
- Published 4 annual phone books.
- Gulf Wars IV, Fullfilled Lyst Herald Responsibilities
- Gulf Wars V, Fullfilled Lyst Herald Responsibilities
- Gulf Wars VI, Fullfilled Lyst & Court Herald Responsibilities
- Gulf Wars VII, Fullfilled Lyst & Court Herald Responsibilities
- Gulf Wars VIIII, Fullfilled Lyst & Court Herald Responsibilities
- Gulf Wars X, Fullfilled Lyst and Court Herald Responsibilities.
- Gulf Wars XI, Served as Trimarian Herald for Opening Ceremonies.
- Taught Classes in heraldry.
- Court, Lyst, Book, Local Officer, etc.
- Court Heraldry, Norrey Academie, AS XXXIIII (With Taly)
Arts/Sci Accomplishments:Aprentice to Baroness Anna Alicia von Rheinhardt, OL
- Welsh Culture, Starhaven Art/Sci Faire (x1)
- A Survey of Welsh History, Village Faire (x1)
- Public Performance, Village Faire (x2)
- Doumbek, Village Faire (x4) plus Various Times
- Poetry, Various Times
- Heraldry (List, Court, book, etc.), Various Times
- Period Board Games, Starhaven Art/Sci Faire
- Brewing Ales and Meads, Various times
- Liquores, Various times
- How to Write and Document Period Poetry, Winter Art/Sci, AS XXXIIII
- Art/Sci AS XXI, SCA, Photograph, No Score
- Entered Gulf Wars III Art/Sci, Welsh Poem, In Praise of the Game, Score 4/5.
- Winter Art/Sci AS XXIX, Sonnet, What Gift is This, Score Non-Pariel.
- Gulf Wars V Art/Sci, Sonnet, What Gift is This Summer Art/Sci AS XXXI, Qasidah, Angel of the Desert, Score 9/10.
- Gulf Wars VI Art/Sci, Qasidah, Angel of the Desert (Note: My Grey Book of Penllyn is always on display at Art/Sci Fairs.)
- Poet Laureate, TMT AS XXIII, Won with Welshmans Lament(Note: The next competition had an unprecidented 14 entrants due primarily to my canvasing for participants.)
- Poet Laureate, TMT AS XXV, Won with A Bards Song
- Summer Art/Sci AS XXXIIII, 'The Sonnet: This Being a Short and Concise Treatise on How to Write a Sonnet in the English Language, be it of Petrarchan, English, or Spenserian in Style', An Essay. Score 9/10
- Sangre del sol, Bardic Chamion, AS XXXIIII
- Gulf Wars VIIII, Performance Campions Battle,
- "Gellerts Tale"
- Score: 2 out of 3 (Excellent)
- Triskele, 'I am a Welshman'
- Triskele, 'A Bard's Song'
- Triskele, 'What Gift is This'
- Y Camyseriad: A Journal of Welsh Research for the SCA, 'Welsh Households in the SCA', Volume II.
- Maredudd's Grey Book of Penllyn Book I: The Crowning of the Wolf King and Other Writings of Benen, April, AS XXXIII
- A View of War Part One: My Side of the Shield Wall, chronicalling my first trip to Fools War
- A View of War Part Two: Where the Hell is Atlantia, Anyways, chronicalling my first trip to Sea Raids.
- A Tale of Trimarians: A Squirres Knight Out, in honor of Earl Benens last night out as a single man.
- Writings done for TRM Gregory and Maisie.
- The Midnight Cattle Raid.
- Gregory and the Sidhe.
- The Sonnet: This Being a Short and Concise Treatise on How to Write A Sonnet in the English Language, be it of Petrarchan, English, or Spenserian in Style, An Essay.
- Various Welsh Awdl in honor of HRM Benen MacTire.
- In Priase of Wisdom
- In Praise of the Game, see GulfWars III Art/Sci above.
- In Wisdom
- The Dream, another Welsh Awdl.
- What Gift is this
- 'Oh Shinning Eyes
- A Rose in Battle
- Angel of the Desert, a Qasidah for Kamala
- Miscelaneous Poems
- A Bards Song
- Cavalls Tale, a poem for Lady Fiona
- Edmonds Song, a Ballad for Baron Janos
- The Quest, a Ballad for Lady Morwen
- 'Gellerts Tale' - A reworking of 'Cavall's Tale' as a mixed Prose/Poem tale in the Welsh style.
Beer, Mead, and Liqoure Recipies of note.
- Beer Recipies
- M's Amber Ale
- Cherry Stout
- Mead Recipies
- M's Cherry
- M's Blackberry
- Liqoure Recipies
Prose Works in Progress
- The Fifth Branch, An Extention of the Mabinogion.
- Maredudds Treatment on Medieval Poetic Forms and Period Style: A Collection of Essays. To cover sonnets, canzones, ballade, ballad, tersa rima, otava rima, qasidah, awdl, drotkveate, etc. (To include all poetic forms I learn.)
- An Elizabethan Comedy, Title TBD (A Play)
- A View of War Part Three: , chronicalling my first trip to Pennsic.
- Historium Trimarium, My History of Trimaris.
Poetic Works in Progress
- The Acorns Tale - An Allegorical Epic.
- for Dutches Elsbeth, a poem about Fidelity.
- For Nials ORoarke, a biographical poem.
- For Olgar Bear Claw, a biographical saga.
- For lots of different Ladies, poems because I cant say no.
- The Crowning of the Wolf King
Poetic Forms being studied
- Welsh Englynion
- Italian Canzone, for Lucia
- Tersa Rima, see The Acorns Tale above.
- Otava Rima