Who we are:
The Sea Side Poets has existed off and on for many years,
spliting off from the Space Coast Poets Club, and meeting first at
various members homes before they found a permenant home at a local
church. The current incarnation of the Sea Side Poets has been active
since mid 1997, and meet at the Merrit Island Barnes and Noble on the
3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:00PM in the Cook Book area. Feel free
to drop by at our next meeting. All attendees are given the
opportunity to participate, but it is not required.
Each meeting is run by a facilitator, who was selected at
the previous meeting. We try to have a different facilitator each
month and members are encouraged to volunteer for this posittion.
The regular agenda for each meeting consists of the
following activities, in no particular order:
- Upcomming activities for the Sea Side Poets are discussed and
planned. (i.e. Open Mike Nights, etc.)
- An established poet, be they modern or from an earlier period,
is introduced by a member.
- Each member is given an oportunity to read some of their
poetry, beginning with the assigned poem if they completed the
- The Facilitator, Featured Poet Introducer, and the Project
assignment for the next meeting are selected.
- February Meeting - February 21, 7:00 PM, Barne & Noble, Merritt Island, FL
- March Meeting - March 20, 7:00 PM, Barne & Noble, Merritt
- April Meeting - April 17, 7:00 PM, Barne & Noble, Merritt Island, FL
- May Meeting - May 15, 7:00 PM, Barne & Noble, Merritt Island, FL
- June Meeting - June 19, 7:00 PM, Barne & Noble, Merritt Island, FL
- July Meeting - July 17, 7:00 PM, Barne & Noble, Merritt Island, FL
- August Meeting - August 21, 7:00 PM, Barne & Noble, Merritt Island, FL
This Site maitained by Eric
C. Smith and Blackroot Ent.
All contents of this site are © Eric C. Smith, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002,
2003, 2004, 2005, except
for the poetry contained herein, which copyright is held by the
original author. All poetry published on this site is published by
permision of the original author.